News Article

14 May

GDPR

Timeworks are GDPR ready are you!

The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will come into affect from 25th of May 2018,replacing the existing data protection framework under the EU Data Protection Directive. GDPR Applies to any organisation, whether  based in the (EU) or not,which process the data of individuals residing in the (EU).  For example the data of an intern who is a citizen outside the (EU) and on a short term internship or working partime is also protected by this regulation. Should an organisation breach obligations to protect personal data, the data protection authorities may, in addition to applying criminal sanctions, take measures for the offence to issue a warning of caution, restrict the processing of company activity or implement fines of up to 4% of the company’s global annual turnover or 20 million euro’s.

Timeworks in conjunction with our suppliers have been preparing our responsibilities under the new legislation. As you know organisations are responsible for the personal data that they manage. With 90% of our clients the data is held internally on your servers so please make sure you are aware of your responsibilities and not only with our application. The other 10% of our clients using our SAAS solution which are hosted and monitored in a data centre in Europe. The Hosting centres we use are certified for there security procedures  (ISO27001 and ISAE3402),  and are countries considered for there reliable data protection, France & Switzerland.  The biometric terminals we use do not take the actual fingerprints of your employees and are fully compliant with any GDPR regulations.  Timeworks in conjunction with our suppliers will be implementing procedures that are compliant with GDPR regulations in relation to our staff responsibilities , how we handle remote support and making sure hardware and software solutions we supply continue to be compliant. If you have any questions do not hesitate to contact the team direct for any information.

about the author

related posts

comments

There are 0 comment on "GDPR"